The Michigan Municipal Association for Utility Issues’ mission is to help local governments in Michigan reduce costs, improve delivery of services and advance municipal policy objectives by sharing information, provide technical and educational support, and represent municipal interests to utility regulators and to investor-owned utilities.
On behalf of its members, MAUI provides:
- Monitoring and analysis of MPSC rate cases of interest to local public governments/agencies;
- Referral to legal and technical experts when municipalities wish to intervene formally in rate cases;
- Representation of member interests in MPSC policy proceedings;
- Coordination with and technical support for legislative advocacy partners;
- Monthly teleconference update on MI-MAUI activities and opportunities;
- Meetings, educational events, conferences, trainings, and sharing of best practices among members; and
- Convening of issue dialogues and collaborations with utilities.
MI-MAUI is an IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit organization funded primarily by membership dues. Membership is open to any municipal government or independently governed local public agency in Michigan. To inquire about joining, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here for a downloadable overview document: MI-MAUI Overview
Please see the subpages to learn even more about our organization!